THE "STOP THE INTERNATIONAL" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The "Stop the International" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 6:00 p.m. (ET) on January 13, 2009 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on January 30, 2009 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes ("Sponsor"). Sweepstakes is subject to these official Rules and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, France and Germany who are 18 years or older at time of entry and are licensed automobile drivers in good standing in their country of residence at the time they enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor, Marden-Kane, Inc. (the "Administrator"), prize suppliers associated with supplying the prizing to be awarded in this Sweepstakes and any other entity associated with the development, administration, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, and the affiliates of each of the foregoing (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes you must access the Stop the International website online at http://www.stoptheinternational.com (the "Sweepstakes Site") and follow the instructions provided to complete the registration form. Upon registering online you will obtain ten (10) Sweepstakes entries. Entrants may obtain up to fifty (50) additional entries each week of the Sweepstakes Period by gathering and submitting "evidence" located on the Sweepstakes Site. The total amount of entries you can earn is one hundred sixty (160) Sweepstakes entries. Multiple entries submitted by a single entrant in excess of the entry limit are void. Incomplete, illegible, and inaccurate entries are void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Releasees (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, delayed, undelivered and ineligible, entries or for any error or malfunction that may occur, whether computer, technical, printing, typographical, mechanical, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
4) WINNER SELECTION: To select the Grand Prize winner of the Sweepstakes, a random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator on February 2, 2009 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The decisions of Sponsor and Administrator shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5) GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone by the Administrator on February 2, 2009 at the daytime telephone number provided on the online registration form or when entering by calling the toll-free number. The Administrator will make two attempts to reach the potential Grand Prize winner. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached after two attempts, that individual will be disqualified and an alternative Grand Prize winner will be selected. The Administrator will continue to make two attempts to reach any alternate winner selected until a potential Grand Prize winner is contacted. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to execute and return by overnight delivery service or e-mail an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability, and where legally permissible, a publicity release within one (1) day following receipt of same. Non-compliance with this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative Grand Prize winner.
6) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: A trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Berlin, Germany to attend the international premiere of the motion picture "The International" and a 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan S automobile. The trip portion of the Grand Prize consists of: round trip economy class air fare from major airport closest to winner’s home to Berlin, Germany on the dates selected by Sponsor (travel likely to take place around February 5, 2009), double occupancy hotel accommodations for two nights, hotel/airport transfers, and two (2) tickets to the movie premiere of "The International." Winner is responsible for travel expenses not explicitly stated in these Official Rules, any applicable taxes, title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize. Sponsor and/or the prize provider of the automobile will determine all features of the automobile awarded as prizing, including, but not limited to, color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by winner. Winner must be a valid licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of valid driver’s license in their country of residence and legally required insurance at time of delivery (or an alternate winner shall be selected). Winner must accept prize in its entirety and prize winner must complete travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Travel reservations must be made through Administrator, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Other restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Travel companion must be 18 or older at time of travel and must travel with Grand Prize winner on same itinerary, and sign a release of liability and publicity (unless prohibited by law) prior to issuance of travel documents. Specifics of prize package are subject to availability and Sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Winner and travel companion are responsible for all required travel documents and for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) where applicable, at their option, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No substitution, barter, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value if entire prize or a portion of a prize is unavailable. Prize not redeemable for cash. Prize will be awarded by e-mail, overnight delivery service, and/or U.S. mail.
7) GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event of a dispute, the law of the United States of America will apply. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its authorized designees to use winner's name, voice, picture and other likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees and agrees to release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively, the "Releasees") from and against any and all claims, actions, and/or liability for any loss, injuries and/or damages (including, without limitation, any death or disability) sustained by entrant and/or any other person in connection with the Sweepstakes, its promotion or administration, and/or entrant’s participation or inability to participate in whole or in part in this Sweepstakes, or entrant’s or any other person’s use, misuse, or inability to use the Grand Prize or any portion thereof.
6) INTERNET/PHONE CONNECTIONS: None of the Sweepstakes Entities are responsible for technical, hardware, software or other equipment malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or phone connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic or phone communications whether caused by the sender, the recipient, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If, in the opinion of Sponsor or the Administrator, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the Grand Prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited when entering online. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner who entered by the online method of entry, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7) WINNER’S LIST: The results will be posted online at http://www.stoptheinternational.com approximately ten (10) days after the end of the promotion.
8) SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc., located at 10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California 90232, USA.
9) ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes Administrator is Marden-Kane, Inc., 36 Maple Place, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA.